Saturday, June 2

Shopping: Pike Place Market


Who knew that someone who does not like going to palengkes would love this Seattle landmark? There's something about it that makes me want to go back over and over again.


The market boasts sustainable fish, fresh flowers and fruits, collectibles, preserves, artworks and a few dining establishments.

Blueberries, golden raspberries, blackberries and red raspberries. They are so colorful.


 Nothing beats sweet, huge strawberries.


Artichokes



Piggy banks in all colors



Fresh, sustainable fish -- a lot of folks frequent this stall because sometimes you get to see a lot of fish-throwing.



Flavored oil. I would love to sample all these!


...and the dried pasta. They have dark chocolate linguine. Interesting huh?


Here is my favorite -- jar of jellies! You get to taste whichever you want. My personal favorites are the Lavender, Scotch Bonnet Habanero Pepper and Caramel. I bought a Lavender Jelly jar to take home. It will last 3 years, I was told by the owner.



Who can forget the vast flower stalls? Here are some poppies, irises and peonies. Sigh, I wish I can take them all home.


 More colorful flowers...




A fruit stall


A tea and crumpet store just outside the market


In one of the restaurants inside the market, there's this corner stool where Tom Hanks apparently sat on.
:-)


In my perfect place, there is a Pike Place Public Market.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...