Monday, June 25

Music: The Luckiest



I always get teary-eyed when I listen to this. If I were to change my first dance song during my wedding, it would be this. Sigh. *sniff*

XO


The Luckiest
by Ben Folds Five

I don't get many things right the first time,
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns ands tumbles and falls brought me here
Now it was right before the day that I first saw your lovely face
Now I see it everyday
And I know
That I am, I am, I am the luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on the street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?
And in a wide sea of eyes,
I'd see one pair that I'd recognize
And I know 
That I am, I am, I am the luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say
To you

Next door there's an old man
Who lived to his nineties
And one day, passed away in his sleep
And his wife, she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry I know that's a
Strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know
That I am, I am, I am the luckiest
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. The song brought me to tears also, mommy G. =(

    Btw, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peachy, di ba? *Clink* to our cheesiness (if that's even a word).

      I love your blog too! :) Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...