Saturday, September 3

Design: One Farmhouse (Part 2)


Here's the second installment of the One Farmhouse series. This time, I will focus on the lighting fixtures used. There were pin lights used, but I will focus on the more unusual ones used.

There's a couple of beehive capiz lanterns that helps light up the front porch.



Here's a closer view, taken during daytime.



In the main bedroom, there's a mix of pin lights and built-in capiz column lamps. They look like windows, but there are lights behind it. Traditionally, capiz are used in Filipino houses as window screens to diffuse the harsh tropical sun in the Philippines. So as you can see here, there are a lot of capiz in use. Oh, and I am digging that huge lamp with the green glass base.



Here is a repurposed capiz window made into a ceiling lamp.



Another capiz pendant lamp used in the bar area.



Now that I think about it, this farmhouse has more capiz lighting than I can imagine. Even the trees have hanging capiz lanterns. They're light fruits glistening in the night. Okay that was a bad, cheesy description. But you get what I'm saying. That is a mango tree. Yes, lucky lucky me. I love mangoes, and I can have all the mangoes I want whenever it's in season.




Whew, capiz overload! I'll share the rest of the lighting fixtures next time.


Pin It!

2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...